Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Kate Chynoweth: The Risks of Sunbathing Topless: And Other Funny Stories from the Road


It's been a year since I've taken a trip to anywhere that's not Pennsylvania (except for a 2-day stint in Chicago's suburbs), and it's been twice that since I've been out of the country. It's understandable, then, that I've been thinking of travel in idealistic terms. I forget about incidents past, such as having my face jumped on in Denmark and running out of gas in the middle of nowhere in the good old U.S.A. Come to think of it, why do I want to leave my apartment after reading all this? Because the mishaps make travel stories worth telling, as The Risks of Sunbathing Topless so eloquently proves.

Kate Chynoweth has assembled a collection of travel nightmares from the pens of some seriously funny women. You'll laugh, you'll gasp, and you'll be really glad you didn't have to experience what the authors went through (although you'll be very glad they did and returned to tell the tale). Pick this up and read it! I wouldn't recommend reading it during a trip or just before one, though. You might jinx yourself. Although... said jinxing could give you a fabulous travel nightmare of your very own to share!

A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home